Saturday, December 8, 2012

Coal Mining Area - Complete???

Well, it's complete enough for now - I'm going to move on to the next area (viaduct, river).  Lots of details added, as you can see below.  Still a bit to add and do, which I'll pick at while building the next area:
- complete the control panel wiring for this area
- weather the locomotives & rolling stock
- add more layers of detail, such as grade crossing signs, switch stands
- wire the track signal controllers

Some current counts:
- trees- 248
- people- 35
- animals- 8
- cars and trucks- 4

I'm able to catch some things in pictures, that I didn't notice before - such as:
- photo 2 - the person with the broom appears to be a woman!  Didn't notice this before...
- photo 9 - bent wood stove stack on the darker grey building
- photo 11 - my Jeffreys mine motor is off the track!
- photo 12 - let's assume the boy in the foreground is imitating the girl in from of him - but
                that doesn't explain her odd stance with her arms out!

I've tried to get some good "in the scene" shots - hope you enjoy them - click each for larger.